Wednesday 6 December 2006

7. The Blogging Business

One of my readers has recommended a book called Blogwild. I have ordered a copy from Amazon and it can be delivered within 24 hours. The book claims to be a guide for Small Business Blogging and although I am not a Small Business I think that I will share some of their aims. Small businesses need to update their product information regularly and display their latest information.

This part of the synopsis of the book looks promising.

"Do you have a blog? Does your business? It's not too late to get started! With "Blogwild!" you'll discover that wildly effective blogging is within the reach of everyone. Blogs are cheap to set up and operate, and they can humanise a company's image, start the buzz on a new product, and get instant customer feedback. This humourous and indispensable book includes: a brief history of where blogs came from, where they are now, and where they're going........................"

I have been reflecting upon the progress that I have made this week. I am beginning to appreciate my new browser. I can enlarge the text so that I can read it more easily and I have also found a way of enlarging the whole screen.

One of the best things is that I can use Tabbed Browsing. As I work on my next post I am able to keep several windows open so that I can look at the editing screen and the viewing screen and a thing called the dashboard at the same time.

I am now trying to find out how to place pictures on the screen where I want them to be. I placed this picture on the right hand side of the screen so that I can place the text on the left.

This is a picture of a "shallop", which is a small whaling boat that was found in Labrador. More than 400 years ago the Basques came in their whaling ships to Labrador. They would bring shallops in "kit form" and then reassemble them there. Amazingly this shallop was found in very good condition at Red Bay because it had been buried underneath the wreck of a whaling ship.

No comments: