Saturday 2 December 2006

3. Pictures in my Blog

I took this picture in Libya in March and I wanted to write about pictures today but I have had a bit of a setback.




I have now learnt how to include pictures in my blog and I have inserted a picture in each of my first two posts. I copied a picture of Judy Goodlet from the Radio Solent Website and I found Kate Mosse's website.

I wrote to ask for permission to include her picture in my blog. Within a few minutes I was given permission and I was thanked for giving some publicity to my friends about her book. I am beginning to realise why posting blogs is so popular.

But now something has gone wrong. I am using Blogspot in order to make my Blogs and the WYSIWYG will not work.

At first I thought that I was making some mistakes and then I looked at the Help Menu. Other bloggers are complaining about the problem. We will have to wait until it is put right.

WYSIWYG means "What you see is what you get!". When I create a blog, I use an "editor", which shows me what I will get when I publish it. I cannot now use the easy editor. Now there are a lot of symbols which I do not understand.

Since I can no longer show any more pictures, I will just have to write a bit more. I cannot even use underlinings, colour and or insert hyperlinks in order to write about other web sites.

Fred Espenak, pictured above is called Mr Eclipse because he is regarded as the greatest expert on eclipses in the world.This picture was taken as he was setting up his camera to photograph the total eclipse on March 29th 2006. In my next blog, I will include the picture that he took and sent me.

I am beginning to understand why blogging is so popular but I am not yet finding it very easy!!

Geoffrey Boys

No comments: