Sunday 3 December 2006

4. More Pictures

I have found out why I could not use WYSIWYG. (What You See is What You Get) Blogger is not supporting Internet Explorer 7. Is this part of the rivalry between Google and Microsoft. I have to use another browser.

Here is the picture that Fred Espenak sent me. Using Photoshop he has built up this composite picture. He explains how he did it on his web site which is called Mr Eclipse and you will be able to click on the hot link. He describes how we camped in the Libyan desert which was one of the best places to see the total eclipse of the sun in March 2006.


This series of photos from Fred's web site is particularly interesting as you can see how the sun changed its appearance before and after the total eclipse which lasted for about four minutes.


Blogspot enables you to choose the size of the picture. Both of these pictures are large and were posted in the centre of the page and you can click on them so that you enlarge them even more.

Blogspot gives you 300Mb of space to install pictures on your blog and I have only used 150Kb for the three pictures in this post.

Blogspot uses the blog creating program called Blogger and is free. You can use it if you have an account with Google Mail.

My third picture is small and posted on the right of the page but you can still click on it to enlarge it if you wish.



I am reminded that I must ask Fred for permission to include his pictures in my private blog. I am not sure whether I need permission from the people in the third picture to post it on the web. Please make some comments.

Geoffrey Boys

No comments: